Google has launced the mobile sync which will allow you to sync your contacts on your phone with your contacts in gmail. Also it will allow you to sync the calender entries. This service is very similar to the service provided by zyb.com which I have been using. But the good thing with this is that, I love google and now I am getting more and more dependant on the google products.. God SAVE ME!! 🙂
Here is a link to the google site which describes the setting to be done on the mobile for this to be enabled.
I have attempted to synchronize my contacts on my w810i using the following instructions.
- Click the ‘Menu’ key and open the ‘Organizer’.
- Select ‘Synchronization’.
- Select ‘New Account’ and enter ‘Google Sync’ or any name of your choice.
- Enter the following values:
- Server address: https://m.google.com/syncml
- Username: your Google Account username, e.g. email@example.com
- Password: your Google password
- Connection: select the Internet access point for your carrier
- Applications: mark ‘Contacts’ only and click ‘OK’
- App. settings: open ‘Contacts’ and for ‘Database name’ enter ‘contacts’ (lower case), leave other fields blank
- Sync. interval: choose how frequently you would like to synchronize with Google
- Leave other settings unchanged
- Click ‘Save’ to exit this screen and save your Sync profile.
- Highlight your new Sync profile and press ‘Start’.