Now . here comes my update after having the mgmaps installed on my nokia 5800.
Here is a tutorial to look into first, if you have not seen that. The curious thing is that I had to go through my own post to see how to do the maps.
I had the jar file installed and I generated the chennai maps once again from scratch with the same steps in the tutorial. This is just to see whether there is any trouble with the generation of the maps as some people had mentioned.
The offline mgmaps is working flawlessly. I am using the latest beta version.
I am yet to test with the GPS and other settings.
Google has launced the mobile sync which will allow you to sync your contacts on your phone with your contacts in gmail. Also it will allow you to sync the calender entries. This service is very similar to the service provided by zyb.com which I have been using. But the good thing with this is that, I love google and now I am getting more and more dependant on the google products.. God SAVE ME!! 🙂
Here is a link to the google site which describes the setting to be done on the mobile for this to be enabled.
I have attempted to synchronize my contacts on my w810i using the following instructions.
- Click the ‘Menu’ key and open the ‘Organizer’.
- Select ‘Synchronization’.
- Select ‘New Account’ and enter ‘Google Sync’ or any name of your choice.
- Enter the following values:
- Server address: https://m.google.com/syncml
- Username: your Google Account username, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your Google password
- Connection: select the Internet access point for your carrier
- Applications: mark ‘Contacts’ only and click ‘OK’
- App. settings: open ‘Contacts’ and for ‘Database name’ enter ‘contacts’ (lower case), leave other fields blank
- Sync. interval: choose how frequently you would like to synchronize with Google
- Leave other settings unchanged
- Click ‘Save’ to exit this screen and save your Sync profile.
- Highlight your new Sync profile and press ‘Start’.
It has synced my contacts and I was able to view the mobile numbers in the contacts list in my gmail. To view the contacts list, just select the contact list link on the left side of the google mail. (just under the drafts, spam and trash)
I was always been a fan of google and I am always looking out for any changes they are doing to their products. Eventhough this post is not about a software one , it may be interesting to some people.
Google has started to give out gmail stickers. But the catch is that you will have to send a mail by snailmail with a return envelope having your address. They have allowed it to be sent out internationally also. I thought of sending on mail, but at the end of the page, they have mentioned that they will not be held liable if the stickers run out of stock..:(
The stickers look nice and good.